At the Chris & Kathleen Koch AACA Library & Research Center, we share your passion for the preservation of automotive history.
Recognized as a world-renowned resource for the collectible vehicle community, we strive to continue setting the standard in celebrating, collecting, preserving and sharing automotive legacy. Our library opens its doors to everyone including archivists, authors, artists, business owners, collectors, club members, curators, entertainers, enthusiasts, filmmakers, historians, hobbyists, journalists, librarians, mechanics, professors, photographers, reporters, restorers, students and teachers. We are eager to welcome and assist you with your inquiries and research needs!
Here are some examples of our vast and diverse collection
- Nearly 2-million pieces of sales literature, photographs, owners manuals and clippings
- More than 3,500 shop manuals and parts books
- 6,500+ reference books
- 40,000 advertisements
- Over 60,000 periodicals including The Horseless Age, MoToR, and Cycle and Automobile Trade Journal
- Current subscriptions to more than 230 periodicals
- Blueprints, wiring diagrams, annual reports, specification and technical drawings
- Accessory catalogs, folders and programs including racing and auto show events
- Color chart books and boxes of color chips
- Maps, postcards, cartoons and diagrams
- Files on coach builders, carburetors, magnetos and assorted accessories.
- More than 900 legal size document cases housing sales literature, photographs and advertising material.
You can access our online catalog here.
You can see a list of our periodical holdings here.
We provide digital downloads or DVD copies of our Film, VHS, and DVD collections for AACA regions free of charge.
Call us at 717-534-2082 to request a video or DVD. You can view our holdings with the links below.
From Alfred S. Lewrenz to the Present
Born in 1977 with the acquisition of the Alfred S. Lewrenz Collection and through the generous donations of patrons and friends, the AACA Library & Research Center collection and facility has grown into one of the leading automotive library and research centers in the world. You will be amazed at the variety of reference information available from 1888 to the present day!