The Lincoln Motorcar Foundation was established to preserve and disseminate information pertaining to the Lincoln motorcar. Its objectives are:
- to acquire, restore, maintain, preserve and display items of historical interest related to the Lincoln motorcar;
- to promote historical research and the dissemination of information concerning the origin and development of the Lincoln motorcar;
- to provide research services concerning the Lincoln motorcar to the general public;
- to seek donation, cataloging and preservation of historical materials to accomplish those objectives;
- to lease, purchase or build as well as operate appropriate facilities and equipment to allow the accumulation, display and organized dissemination of information related to the Lincoln motorcar
In support of its mission, the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation established a library and has housed it at the AACA Library & Research Center since 2004. Diverse in its entirety, the collection specializes in owner’s manuals, literature and dealer binders.